Well, this weekend was pretty busy for both of us. Not only did we celebrate Valentine's a little early, we also celebrated Austin's birthday and I had my first wedding shower! Since Austin's birthday is the day after Valentine's and Valentine's was on a Monday this year, I decided to just go ahead and give Austin his presents this weekend.
Friday night I had tickets to the Stars vs. Black hawks game for Austin's Valentine's gift. Since the Black hawks are the reigning Stanley cup champions, the crowd was sold out. I was also able to get a new Stars jersey for my favorite player, Steve Ott. I had tried to order one directly from the NHL but apparently they didn't want my money so I bought it at the game. I guess it was good luck since we went down 3-0 at the end of the first period but managed to come back and tie up the game, eventually winning in a shootout! Shortly after we got home, my MOH, Jessica, got into Dallas! We spent the night talking about all of the exciting things that have been going on in her life and her upcoming trip to France this summer. We also spent a good portion of the night going through old cd's and seeing all of Austin's old music.
Saturday Jessica and I went to my bridal shower hosted by a friend of Austin's mom. I had no idea that there would be about 40 people that so many people would show up just to shower me with gifts! Melanie met us there and spent the day taking pictures for us.
 |
| Here's the cake they got for me |
 |
| Jess had a very important job, collecting bows, ribbons and wrapping paper! |
 |
| Jess and Callie got us new towels!! |
 |
| I know, we're just adorable |
We also decided to treat Jessica's mom and aunt to dinner at Blue Goose Saturday night since they've both been pretty great with helping get Jessica down here. Even with Jessica's job and school and her mom's job, she's always been able to make sure that Jess has been able to be here for all of the important events. After dinner, Dan and Mel came over with Dani to try out all of our new glasses and bar ware and we were up a bit too late... Luckily I'm the only one that woke up with no hangover since I had an appointment with Savy pretty early in the morning.
Sunday I treated Austin and several of our friends to the Stars vs. Blue Jackets game (which was a pathetic performance on our end...) for his birthday. Even though it was a sad job done on our end and we lost, it was still a lot of fun. We also were able to get the transportation booked for the day of the wedding, so we did get something wedding related done!
Now that we're under the three month mark, we are both in full wedding mode and trying to get it all done in time.
No comments:
Post a Comment