Most people look forward to football (boring) or baseball (yawn) or golf (snooze) or basketball (really?), but there are only two sports that peak my interest: hockey and soccer. And since the World Cup is over (with that dirty pack of cheaters Holland stealing second place... But I'm not bitter or anything...) this is obviously about hockey.
Anyone that pays any attention to the Stars here in Dallas is sure to tell you that the Stars really haven't been the best team for quite some time. Never the less, I"m still a devoted fan and hope for the best this year. I've been following the Stars even before I moved to Dallas, so the fact that I'll be able to go to the opening home game with this year is pretty exciting.
Yeah, that's right, I've been able to score free tickets to the Stars vs. Red Wings game on October 16th.
I know you all wish you had my job where you could get free tickets to great games. I've also been given several Cowboys and Rangers tickets which I've promptly given to other people. I've also been able to order tickets for the Stars vs. Sabres match on October 30th. I was able to get a couple extras so I'll be giving those to our friend Dan (who is a groomsman in the wedding).
Dan is a native Buffalonian. He's also a huge hockey fan. He's a goalie on a couple local teams (and a pretty good one, at that). He was pretty excited to find out that I was able to get us all great seats for the game at such a great deal. I love having a concierge in the building!
I digress... Hockey is getting ready to start and I'm very excited about that fact.

No comments:
Post a Comment