Well, the World Cup is upon us! The wonderful time every four years that the US even shows the faintest interest in one of the greatest sports ever created! This is a time for real football, a real sport... At least to me!
I spent a lot of time in Brasil growing up, being the fact that my grandparents lived there for forty years, and it quickly came to be the only sport I could watch on a regular basis. I even was lucky enough to meet Kaka, a midfielder for the Brasil team, one time when I was walking down the street! He was actually a wonderful guy that was sweet enough to have a short conversation in broken Portuguese with an American girl. So, as I'm sure you all can guess, I'm rooting for Brasil and hoping they can regain their title as the champions! I've been able to catch every game thus far due to the fact that the first match comes on when I'm getting ready for work, then two matches while I'm at work. I don't think I've ever been happier that my boss has a tv in his office, and he doesn't mind me turning it on once in a while to catch the matches! I was very upset in the ending of the match against Cote d'Ivoire where Kaka got a red card which he didn't deserve... We will still be able to come back!
Austin is a fan of soccer, but he also likes American football, baseball, golf, hockey, basketball, etc... He, being the good patriotic one of us, is rooting for the United States team. I hope the US team does well only for the fact that soccer would finally start to get some of the respect it deserves in this country. The US team has been a little shaky this tournament, but we're all hoping they can bring it together for the last group match against Algeria. We were both really upset when the ref disallowed the US goal in the game against Slovenia, it really put a damper on our moods at work.
No comments:
Post a Comment