Tuesday, June 22, 2010

We're going to have food!

Austin and I have already selected our venue for the wedding, we're going to have both the ceremony and the reception at the Infomart in Dallas. Even though I work here and spend most of my time at the Infomart, we both love the fact that its close to DFW, Love Field, lots of hotels, and its close to down town Dallas. Since I do work in the building, I've seen the events staff set up for events many, many times so I feel very comfortable with having them handle such an important event for us. I also know that the Head Cheaf is absolutely amazing! Did I mention I'm going to be getting an incredible discount? Yeah, that was a big plus for us too.

In the past couple of weeks, I've been talking with our Event Coordinator and she's been helping me to build the menu. Austin and I decided to have  a meal heavy on hor d'oeuvres and a couple of stations set up in the atrium of the lobby. The only question, what did we want? We know that we are going to be having people that have different dietary restrictions, vegans, vegetarians, kosher, etc. so I (and the head chef) was tasked with finding options that would be able to suit even the strictest diet. Nobody wants to go to a wedding that they can't eat at, am I right? Well, I wont go into exactly what the Coordinator and Chef and I were all able to come up with, but it is going to be a delicious selection! We have a Bruschetta Bar, a Brie station, fruit and cheese montage, and a hummus station, but I wont tell you what else. Something has to be a surprise. One other benefit of choosing to have the wedding at the Infomart is that I know, without a doubt, that the food is going to be amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment