Last week, I lost one of my cats, Sox. It was incredibly sudden and was a huge shock. Sox was only six years old and incredibly healthy and happy before this happened. Tuesday night, I got home from work, was sitting on my couch and going through my mail as she was running around being a spaz as per usual. When I got out of the shower twenty minutes later, Gatinha was meowing at her and nudging her trying to get her to wake up. I knew something terrible had happened. The fact that it happened so suddenly when she was in great health makes me think it was a brain aneurysm but there's no way to know 100% what happened.
Losing a pet is never easy. People with pets may not quite understand how absolutely heartbreaking it is to lose one, but Sox was a major part of my family. She was always willing to entertain me and distract me when I needed it and never unwilling to cuddle. She's seen me at my best and at my worst and never loved me any less because of it. That's the wonderful thing about pets.
It's going to be very strange for Gatinha and I to try and get used to not having Sox running around and keeping us company. We've spent a lot of time crying and curled up together. But we'll get through this.
But remember, love your pets with everything you have because their lives are short and they are family.



That's bad. He is so nice...I know what you feel when you lost a friend like Sox. sorry for that!
ReplyDelete