Wednesday, January 16, 2013

I might not have an exciting life, but at least its busy

The past few weeks I've been really good about keeping this updated with the (not so exciting) going-ons in my life and this past week I've fallen a bit behind. I'm also guessing, from looking at my calendar, that I'm going to be redirecting my focus elsewhere for a while. I've actually got a life! Well, kinda...

Last week, I sat down with my boss and sat down and pretty much planned out our entire year. While it was a bit overwhelming to be planning for mid-year and annual reviews that are going to be happening in November and December, after I was able to finish everything I really feel prepared for this year. I've been able to schedule the days that I'll need to begin requesting information from carriers, putting together and sending out RFPs, and even getting the presentations together for each meeting we have this year. I know not everyone is as into scheduling as I am and might find this a bit overkill, this sort of organization helps me from feeling overwhelmed. There were many times this past year that I was just told "This is what we're doing today/this week" and had to try and scramble to make it happen. Now that I know more about this entire process and what to do, I feel more in control of my schedule and therefor I feel like this year is going to be much easier than last year.

I've also got all of my dance classes scheduled. While this wont change too much from this previous fall semester, I've managed to add a few classes. I've also got to be prepared for the Cecchetti exams happening next weekend. I've been working on my Cecchetti II for several months and I have no doubts I'll pass, but there are a few things that I've got to work on in order to become a better dancer. I have a feeling that plies and I will never get along... Wearing heels all the time has shortened a few key muscles and I'm now constantly trying to lengthen and strengthen them. I am getting closer to getting all of my splits down! So that's some form of progress. I'm also starting to work on a few of the dances I'll be in during the annual spring recital. While I've only started working on two of the dances, I've realized that I'm going to be in at least eight dances this year. What have I gotten myself into?

Lastly, next week I'll be starting back up with the Spring semester. I know that wont give me much of a break since I decided to take classes in the winter semester (which I finally was able to finish today), but I am really looking for classes to start back up again. Not only is it because I'm going to be able to graduate in the spring (something I'm sure you all are getting a bit tired of hearing), but also because two of the classes I'm going to be taking are actually going to be fun. I think I'm most excited about my Computer Illustration class. It is the only class I'm taking on campus and it will be once a week from 5:30-9:30, but I think it's going to be a lot of fun. It and my 2-D Design are also going to give me a reason to purchase the entire Adobe Creative Suite, something I've wanted for many years.

I'm also beginning to wonder if I really wont take classes at all in the summer. I haven't really talked about it with anyone, but I think I could still take two or three classes over the summer, even while enrolled at UTD, and they'll still transfer over. I think. I don't know. I just don't know if I could actually take that much of a break. Arabesque takes a month long break in the summer and without school I think I might get bored. I also don't want to get out of the habit of having to study and take care of my schoolwork. I know that's months away, but when you've got your entire year planned out something happening in May/June seems to be just right around the corner!

So maybe I really don't have that much of a life. Maybe all my life is is just a constant juggle between school, dance and work. But that's better than nothing! So, now that you all know what's happening in my life for the next several months, do forgive me if I am not as regular with my updates.

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment