This week is going to be an extremely draining week. Mostly it will be due to the fact that everything seems to be starting this week. Why does it seem that everything always happens at once?
Monday, classes started. I was planning on taking four classes for a total of twelve hours, but I realized that my grades would probably suffer because now I actually work at work instead of having several hours to work on school work. So, I dropped one of my classes before the semester started. I will be taking Government II, Intro to Mass Communications, and Art Appreciation. Since most of my core classes are done, I'll be able to start taking classes that focus more on my Marketing and Public Relations major. I do still have my math and science classes to take, but I figure I'll probably take those in the Spring semester when work is (supposedly) a bit slower. Because school is starting, I'm planning on spending my Monday and Friday nights working on my school work. Since I now have a home office (and soon a desk to get it organized), I'll be able to go in there and knock out a few hours of school work with no distractions.
Dance also started today. Well, technically the studio opened yesterday, but I have classes Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday. While I was really glad to be back in the studio, I'm also extremely exhausted. Its amazing how out of shape I feel when I don't have dance three days a week. Since most of the muscles you need when dancing aren't really muscles you use in everyday life and really only are used when dancing, I'm sure I'll be sore tomorrow. Since I'm now taking pointe, jazz, tap, and Cecchetti II, I'll also be in more dances in the spring dance concert. So that should be a lot of fun. I'm also going to be taking the Cecchetti exam in January, so that will just be one more thing to focus on during the next few months.
Lastly, there's work. Ah, work. Everyone keeps telling me that the fourth quarter is going to be our busiest part of the year. Judging by the way its been the last few weeks, I can see just how intense this is going to be. For the past two weeks, I've been at work from eight in the morning until at least six. And since I've just started the process of getting all of our January 1 renewals out, I can see how there's a very real possibility that there could be some nights that I'll be at work until seven or eight at night. That should be a lot of fun... But really, I find that I don't mind being this busy. It really beats the numerous times that I would spend all day at my previous job with absolutely nothing to do but watch the clock tick by.
So, really this is all just my way of saying that I might not be posting as much as I would like. Try not to be too devastated.
No comments:
Post a Comment