A few months ago, I wrote a post about the fact that the Dallas Stars needed to make some changes. Well, it looks like they've started to make some pretty big ones by trading some of the well known players.
Saturday, Ribeiro was traded. Sunday, Souray and Burish got traded. And yesterday, Ott and Pardy got traded. Anyone that has known me for any amount of time can attest to the fact that I love these three players. Ott has been my favorite Stars player since I started following hockey. So, seeing him be traded (and to Buffalo, ugh) is just heart breaking.
But, maybe this could be good.
I'm not sitting in on the Stars' management meetings, so I haven't the faintest clue what the big picture is for the start of the season. I would like to claim that I know the direction the team is going and all of that, but I don't. And unless you're part of the Stars' management, you don't know either. The talk is that the Stars are going for a younger line in order to really develop the team. And, let's be honest, Ribeiro, Souray, Burish, and Ott aren't exactly young anymore. Then again, a few players we acquired aren't exactly young either.... But I'm going to hold judgement on whether or not these were good moves because I haven't seen our new team play together. I don't know what is to come. Maybe this is exactly what the Stars need in order to finally bring the Cup back.
And really, if the Stars can bring the Cup back, who is going to be criticizing these moves? That's right, no one.
Also, last night everyone got all upset when Ott had the absolute audacity to say something along the lines of the fact that he's looking forward to working in Buffalo. Really? Really, people? Just a few hours ago everyone was bemoaning the fact that Ott was leaving and how much we all loved him. Then suddenly, he says that he's looking forward to starting fresh and he's the devil? Really? You've got to be kidding me people. I'm just as upset as everyone else that he was traded, but I'm not going to begrudge the man for doing his job.
Now, can someone please confirm that Benn is getting his contract renewed??? I don't think I could stand it to see him get traded. At least Eriksson has a contract through the 2015-2016 season...
No comments:
Post a Comment