I can't believe that I haven't posted anything for almost two weeks! In my defense, life has been insanely crazy these past two weeks. Just as a catch up, I figured I'd let you all in on some of the excitement that's been going on in my life lately.
First, as I posted briefly about, my little brother graduated. Austin and I took off all of last week in order to go to Little Rock to actually be able to watch him graduate. Even though I haven't been able to have any sort of relationship with the rest of my family, I've been able to keep in touch with my brother and keep that relationship. So, even though I was planning on getting a new job and had to change a ton other plans in order to insure that I was able to get off work for this, it was worth it. Yeah, I had to cancel a lot of other plans and plans that Austin and I were planning on doing in order to make it back to work for the last two days there, but it was all worth it to watch my little brother walk across that stage.
Also, I started a new job this week! I've started at a company as a marketing assistant, a job that I really feel like I could have for many, many years. Throughout this week, I've realised that I'm going to have a lot of training to do and I'll be learning a new industry from the ground up, I feel like I really will like this job. Not only are all of the people great, but the position itself is very interesting. I've already met several wonderful people and can't wait to continue. And I'll have the opportunity to learn more at one of this company's semi-annual get-togethers. It seems like a lot of fun (and we all get to leave work and head over to Dave and Busters at 1:00).
I've also been working on the final stages of the spring dance production. The production is on the 10th and it is my first one to be in, so I am a bit nervous. Also, since I'm now in five dances, I have even more work to do. So, whenever I'm not at work, I'm practicing my dances. I'm really looking forward to the show and I think it will be a really great show. Also, I'll also be receiving a trophy for completing my Cecchetti I exam in February.
So, hopefully things will slow down a bit soon and I'll get back to posting on a more regular basis. Until then, though, don't be too heartbroken that I'm not posting as often as I was before.
EVERYTHING sounds pretty amazing! Congrats on your new job! We all can use a change in jobs, LoL
ReplyDeleteThanks! Things have been insanely busy lately, but it's been a good busy. Change is good, sometimes when you stay at a job for a while you get stuck in a rut. That's never good.
ReplyDelete