Monday, August 12, 2013

GISHWHES 2013 - The Beginning

This year I've decided to be a part of GISHWHES (the Greatest International Scavenger Hunt Ever Seen). And, last week, I was assigned to be a part of the Team Barracudas.

And I must say, I'm really looking forward to all of the fun.

The list was only released yesterday and I've only gotten a couple of the 155 items done, but its already been a blast. I think half of the fun I had today was going out and buying a ton of random items at Target today to get ready for the tasks ahead. Tonight I've been able to complete two tasks and prepare for a couple, but I think this will be something I participate in year after year.

It has also been great to get to know the fourteen other people on Team Barracudas. I was honestly a bit worried about trying to work with a bunch of random people from all over the world, but it was all for naught. All of these people have been amazing! It is great to see how so many different people can get together to get so many amazing (albeit strange) things done together. Also, if you see me asking for strange or unusual things through the end of the week, keep in mind it is all for a great cause (so you should totally help out)!!

Since part of the commandments of GISHWHES is that we are not allowed to publicly post our tasks until the competition is over, I (obviously) won't be posting them as I complete them. But, I think that a few of the tasks that I'll be doing will deserve a blog post all of their own...

No comments:

Post a Comment