Well, as of yesterday evening I finished my first semester. It has been crazy and busy trying to make sure I could keep all of my schooling balanced with work, ballet, and my social life but I think I managed to do all of this successfully.
I know I only get a couple weeks of rest before I start up in the Wintermester, that should be a lot of work. I'm planning on taking a Sociology course for the Wintermester. For those of you who don't know what a Wintermester is, it is going to start mid-December and continue through mid-January. The work is supposed to be exactly the same as if I were taking the class during a regular semester, just highly concentrated. I'm a bit nervous about how well I will handle the added workload, but I do seem to thrive in these high-stress environments. Since I'm also planning on taking about a week and a half off from work, I don't think this should be too much of a concern. Even though there will be more school work, there will also be less work-work.
I've also gotten registered for the Spring semester! I'm really looking forward to this semester, I'm taking French, History, and another English course. I did take French when I was in middle school and high school and I loved it. Sadly, since I have had no use for the language, it has quickly left me and I'm looking forward to picking it back up again. Why would I take French instead of something that I might use more, like Spanish perhaps? I love French. It's really as simple as that. I plan on going to France sometime soon and I don't want to be one of those silly tourists that is unable to communicate. Before I started visiting my grandparents in Brazil, I was sure to know at least basics and quickly picked up the language. In my opinion, if you're going to be visiting another country it is extremely rude to have no understanding of their language.
Anyways... I now get a week to relax from school work. I'm looking forward to being able to focus on ballet even more since the Exam is coming up quickly. I'm starting to get a little nervous since I'm an extreme perfectionist. There are only little details that I need to work on, but sometimes it's those little details that can make a move transform from ordinary into amazing. But, isn't that a little how life is? The little details are what make our days go from ordinary to extraordinary.
No comments:
Post a Comment