Thursday, June 30, 2011

14 days, 14 years

As of today, there are only 14 days until Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part II comes out. Yes, I will be seeing it at midnight. Yes, I will cry.

I've grown up with Harry, Ron, Hermione, Draco, Luna, Hagrid, Snape and the rest of Hogwarts. The first book came out 14 years ago today. This has been my childhood. I've grown up with all of them, I've seen them grow up. I received the first book on my seventh birthday from my brother, I guess we can all blame him for me turning into a Potterhead. I remember all of the times growing up when I wanted to escape from the life I had and the hand I was dealt that I would grab The Sorcerer's Stone and start from the beginning. Evey time we would move (and being a military child, that was quite frequent), I would read them all again.

And now, the last moving is coming out. I feel like a huge part of my life is over.

Yes, that may seem dumb, but it is what it is. I will always remember growing up as a child with Harry Potter. For those of us that have grown up with Harry, I don't think it will ever be over.

Thank you, J.K. Rowling.

No comments:

Post a Comment