As you forced your way inside my home, you said that when I'm dressed the way I was, I'm asking for it. Who are you to judge me for what I wear? How dare you blame me for your disgusting ways? I could have been walking around in a bikini and I wouldn't have been asking for it. You might think that because I was drinking I was an easy target. But who are you to prey upon anyone no matter what they had been doing?
This is not my fault.
I didn't know you. You decided a gas station would be the perfect place to find your next victim. I didn't ask for your conversation. You assumed I wanted to be graced with your not so witty mindless chatter. I didn't ask for you to follow me home. You took it upon yourself to stalk me to the place I felt safe from a gas station. I didn't ask for you to come over. You decided that it would be my honor to have you in my home. I certainly didn't ask for you to force your way inside. You decided to terrorize me instead of just let me sleep. And I most definitely did not ask for you to rape me.
This is not my fault.
Why should I be worried about looking over my shoulder? Why aren't you taught not to follow women home? Why should I be the one responsible for how you act? Why aren't you the one taught not to rape? Why should I be the one worried about what YOU would do to me if I drink? Why aren't you taught to keep the women in your life safe from creeps like you? Why should I be the one at fault?
This is not my fault.
You may have victimized me, but I am not your victim. I will not let you ruin my life. Yes, I am scared. Yes, I am forever changed. But I am not your victim and I will not let fear of you and your kind destroy my life. I will come out stranger for this. I will be better than what you did to me. I will not let the fact that you raped me change my life for anything than for the better.
Rape is not my fault.
This is not my fault.
I didn't know you. You decided a gas station would be the perfect place to find your next victim. I didn't ask for your conversation. You assumed I wanted to be graced with your not so witty mindless chatter. I didn't ask for you to follow me home. You took it upon yourself to stalk me to the place I felt safe from a gas station. I didn't ask for you to come over. You decided that it would be my honor to have you in my home. I certainly didn't ask for you to force your way inside. You decided to terrorize me instead of just let me sleep. And I most definitely did not ask for you to rape me.
This is not my fault.
Why should I be worried about looking over my shoulder? Why aren't you taught not to follow women home? Why should I be the one responsible for how you act? Why aren't you the one taught not to rape? Why should I be the one worried about what YOU would do to me if I drink? Why aren't you taught to keep the women in your life safe from creeps like you? Why should I be the one at fault?
This is not my fault.
You may have victimized me, but I am not your victim. I will not let you ruin my life. Yes, I am scared. Yes, I am forever changed. But I am not your victim and I will not let fear of you and your kind destroy my life. I will come out stranger for this. I will be better than what you did to me. I will not let the fact that you raped me change my life for anything than for the better.
Rape is not my fault.
I'm so, so sorry this happened to you. How are you holding up?
ReplyDeleteAre you ok???? Do you need anything? Did you go to the hospital? You are loved. We know it was not your fault! Rape is the fault of the rapist!
ReplyDelete