Friday, April 20, 2012

Complacency and Breaking the Cycle

I feel terrible that it's been three weeks since my last video! I've really been slacking!! I started this whole project with the thought that I would do one every week. When I decided to start, one a week seemed like a very manageable number and I thought it would be very easy to handle. I didn't really think about the fact that some of the things I wanted to talk about just wouldn't translate as well into a video. I didn't think about the fact that, as a perfectionist, I would complete a video, edit said video, and then be very unhappy with the final project. I didn't think about the fact that it was just easier for me to write. I didn't think about the fact that making a video is more of a challenge.

Well, no more!

As of today, I'm promising to put out a video every week. I actually do enjoy making these videos and I like the challenge of trying to do something that I'm not used to. Even though I did have the major setback of having my computer crash a few months ago and lose a lot of footage, I'm going to just pick back up and continue working on making new videos. I was a bit upset when I lost a lot of footage and videos and a lot of software that I used to edit videos .when my computer crashed. When I lost all of this, I just took a break and never really got back from this break. I'll be working on a new videos tonight and have it posted by tomorrow. I think what I need more than anything is to just jump back in and start making new videos. I can't wait around for something to happen and for me to feel it worthy of vlogging about, I just need to get my act together and get back to it. And, since the main thing in my life right now is the NHL Playoffs and my final few weeks of this semester, that's probably what I'll talk about.

Also, just as a little side note, I'm going to start uploading some artwork that I've completed. Art is a big part of my life and a great way for me to epress myself. It's also just something that I enjoy doing. So, I think I'll start to post a bit of that every now and then. I feel like I've gotten complacent in just writing a few things and posting them each week. And I'm sure you would all like a bit of variety... I've gotten complacent and comfortable and I need to break this pattern of writing and not working on other things. I need to expand myself as well as the contents of this site!

I'm looking forward to these new changes and I hope you are as well!


No comments:

Post a Comment