I've realized that pretty much every essay I've had to write for my Composition course has had a lot to do with the death of friends, family memebers, and even random people. This either means that I immediatley think about death when given a prompt or that I've encountered a lot of death in my life. Neither option is really all that great.
The next essay I've been assigned is supposed to cover an accident. For my essay, this will cover an accident I saw several years ago. This was a very gruesome and bloody scene, so I haven't decided on whether or not to publish this once I am finished. I guess I really wont be able to decide that until I've actually finished it, so that is an issue I will deal with in the coming days.
I have also written two other essays I'm not sure if I should publish or not. One deals with the horrors on 9/11, everything from the day of until I actually saw the remains of the Twin Towers. I decided not to publish that mostly due to the fact that I did recently post about 9/11 (not even a month ago) so I thought it would be a bit redundant to post about it again. I may post it in a few months, but I highly doubt it. My other essay is about an incident I witnessed as a child when I was growing up on a military base. Again, this is about the death of a few people. I'll post that one in a few days.
Really, I just wanted to give you all a heads up that the assignments I've been given aren't exactly cheerful (at least, this is my taken on them). I'll try to at least put a few other things up in between my assignments so this blog doesn't get too depressing, even something simple like a song or two in between posts. I'm also thinking about possibly posting some of my artwork and photography in between posts just to give a little variety.
Yep, so that's what you all have to look forward to. Music, art and photography to break up the otherwise depressing nature this blog might turn to.
No comments:
Post a Comment